Why I haven't posted recently:
1) Finished "the color of water ?" series.. yikes! what next?
2) Excessive ukulele practice/play
3) Child #2 moved into her own place and started a new job.
5) distractible mind (so what else is new?)
6) what next? (again)
7) designed a tee shirt for the Berkeley Ukulele Club..by hand... THAT took a lot of time..
8) and all the other life stuff
Now that I have a LOT of water paintings and explorations under my belt I don't feel quite so much like the beginner I was when I started all this. I also feel like I am starting to repeat myself..and when I stop seeing new things, well... I lose interest and move to other things.. I know I have just scratched the surface with the water paintings.. ah, for a return to beginners mind..
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few"- Susuki Roshi
SOOOOOOOOO.. I decided to buy eight 16"x20" canvasses and just paint as a practice.. Move quickly from one to another (yeah, right!) .. They actually look pretty cool when I hang all of the same size together.. Here are the first two.. (not including the 4 completed canvasses I already have)
|"Peachy morning" oil/canvas 16"x20"|
|"Shallow" oil/canvas 16"x20"|